Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Choose "Reckless Abandon"

In reading Numbers 23, God instructs the Israelites to "drive out" the inhabitants of the land that He has given them. They were to destroy all the idols and shrines (v. 52). God's word of caution was, "If you fail to drive them out ... they will be like spli1nters in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will harass you in the land where you live" (v. 53).
1. Clearly God wanted Israel to enjoy their new land.
2. Clearly God gave them the steps necessary for them to enjoy the land.
3. The only variable in the equation was their willingness to obey and the degree to which they would obey.

Application: At the moment of salvation God gave me a new life. In His Word He gives me instructions that will lead me to "enjoy" this new life. At this point I have the option of obeying or not and also of deciding how completely I will obey.
My degree of abundant living is dependent on how much of God's truth I embrace and how much of the old life I am willing to destroy and how many of the old idols I am willing to forsake.

So ... whether or not I live the "abundant life" promised in John 10.10 has NOTHING to do with God's promise and EVERYTHING to do with my willingness to agree with God about:
His Word ... His Provision ... His ability to keep His Promises AND my reckless abandon to enjoy His promises.

I CHOOSE RECKLESS ABANDON! What is your choice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home