Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

It seems to me that I read that line {the good, the bad, and the ugly} in some publication, but I can't remember where {I would give credit if I knew}. Life for me holds some very good happenings. God has blessed my life with a new wife and He brought her to me in a most unusual, God-like way. That is good. On the other hand, my new wife is now several thousand miles away and to me that seems bad. It is not bad that she is there. However it seems bad to me because I miss her so much. But in the overall scheme of life, there are others around me for whom life holds some ugly moments. Every day I have the choice of deciding what kind of day I want to have. I was in a public establishment one day and as I was leaving, the cashier said to me, as I am sure she did to everyone she checked out that day, "Have a great day!" I confess that my mind runs in some pretty comical areas and when I got outside I mumbled to myself, in a sort of humorous way, "Don't tell me what kind of day to have!" But it really is my choice what kind of day I have. Things may be good ... things may be bad ... and things may be really ugly. The choices I make in light of how things are will reflect my acceptance of who God is, who I am in His presence, and how I feel about how God is treating me. As for me, my choice is ... trust. After all, He does know what lies ahead ... and I surely don't. David said in Psalm 18.30: "As for God, His way is perfect." Come to think of it, I like His kind of "perfect." How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home