Sunday, May 20, 2007

Those God things!

God has a way of showing up in the most interesting places in our lives. At times when we think people and events just "seem" to happen as they do, we look back from a perspective of a few days and discover that "He was there all the time."

I have experienced one of those God things these last few days. I was in a meeting last week in another state. I came into a meeting and sat, at random I thought, in a seat that was unoccupied, beside a person I did not recognize. After the meeting I spoke to this woman and introduced myself and we both realized that we had a common experience from our pasts. Her husband had died from cancer 11 months before. My wife had died from cancer 22 months before. We corresponded over the months, keeping in touch just to encourage each other.

We arranged to meet for breakfast in a couple of days. We spent some time just sharing stories of our experiences and then, on a whim, I said, "Would you like to go do something?" She said, "Yes," and we took the next several hours to visit the grave of her daughter who had died three years before and the grave of her husband who had died just last year. The day was a time of refreshing for both of us and we have continued to say in touch by email and phone since I returned home. I don't know what the future holds for us, but if God continues doing His thing in our lives, I wouldn't be surprised if He didn't just work a miracle for us both. I certainly hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home