Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Security - a Wonderful Word

I was awakened this morning early by a phone call from the security system that monitors our church property. “We have a burglar alarm at the west door. The police are in route” said the friendly voice on the other end of the phone. I quickly got dressed and went to the church to meet with the police. Thankfully there was no intruder and everything was OK. As I was driving back home I was thinking about SECURITY and began to rejoice that there is no problem with my ETERNAL security. No intruder can do anything to shatter my secure position in Christ and it is up to me to REST in that simple truth.

If your December is like mine, it is filled with “activity” and I am reminded of the little girl who prayed at Christmas, “Lord, forgive us of our Christmases and those who Christmas against us.” Augustine reminded us to “beware of the barrenness of a busy life.” I am THANKFUL that God’s unspeakable gift is the “gift that keeps on giving.” It is eternal in its PURPOSE, it is eternal in its POWER, and it is eternal in its PRESENCE.

I am secure NOT because I FEEL secure all the time, but because He says I am secure. I will gladly take His word over my feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home